There will be another KiCAD and FreeCAD meetup tomorrow with Anool on Saturday, May 2nd, at:
- 9:00 US EDT / 13:30 UTC / 15:30 CEST / 19:00 India
TechDraw basics – I’ll demo using the FreeCAD TECHDRAW workbench to produce dimension drawings of KiCAD PCB.
Sometimes, it is useful to add this to project documentation.
Will try & answer questions too.
Join the Jitsi Meeting
Thanks to Hemal Chevli and Anool Mahidharia for showing how to make a 2D projection from a STEP model using the KiCad StepUp workbench in FreeCAD and then verify it against the footprint in KiCad!
Here is the record live stream:
Jump to around 48:00 to see this technique demonstrated:
KiCad and FreeCAD virtual meetup tomorrow, Saturday, March 28th
- 5:00am US Pacific
- 8:00am US Eastern
- 5:30pm India
- 1:00pm CET
- 8:00pm China
- 11:00pm Australia
- This week, I’ll talk about Schematic Library management and @hemalchevli
will show how to convert STEP model to PCB footprint
- We’re trying out Jitsi . It works in a Browser without any extensions. On Android Phones (and maybe iPhones), they’ve got an App.
- VIDEO LINK
- If you’d wish to just watch the livestream, here’s the URL:
- Want to dial in on phone?
- Australia: +61.8.7150.1136
- Dial meeting ID: ‘3947374070’ to connect!