Teensy LC – OSH Park Edition $11.29 USD
Teensy-LC delivers an impressive collection of capabilities to make modern electronic projects simpler. It features an ARM Cortex-M0+ processor at 48 MHz, 62K Flash, 8K RAM, 12 bit analog input & output, hardware Serial, SPI & I2C, USB, and a total of 27 I/O pins:
Teensy-LC maintains the same form-factor as Teensy 3.2, with most pins offering similar peripheral features:
- Real Hardware Serial
- Efficient USB Communication
- Hardware Timers
- Analog Input & Output at 12 Bit Resolution
- 5 Volt Buffer For WS2812/NeoPixel LED Projects
Compared With Teensy 3.2:
Some features of Teensy 3.2 simply aren’t available at this lower price point.
- The I/O pins are not 5V tolerant.
- The maximum speed is only 48 MHz, and the Cortex-M0+ omits M4’s special math instructions.
- CAN bus is not available.
- Teensy-LC has only 4 lightweight DMA channels, rather than 16 fully featured channels.
- Serial1 & Serial2 have only standard buffers, not FIFOs.
- Fewer hardware timers are available.