Join OSHWA this Wednesday, April 22nd, for a live virtual talk:
Speaker: Libi Rose Striegl
Using open source projects to enable modern use of retro-tech is a
foundational part of my art practice. Open source practices are a
central part of my teaching. This forms a base for art and teaching
around technology that is empowering and joyful while still coming
from a place of critical learning.
The talk will be streamed live on OSHWA’s YouTube channel.
To join the discussion, visit the #oshwtalks channel on the OSHWA Discord server.
Every last Saturday of March there is International Open Hackerspace Day!
What could you do?
- make a press release and spread this around your (local) newspapers, websites etc. (include nice hires pic with people on it)
- explain the word ‘hacker’ and maker (some people have still a negative / criminal interpretation of hackers)
- show people around your space and explain what a hackerspace is.
- give an workshop eg soldering, programming, arduino
- give a ‘lecture’ about privacy, IoT (and lack of security), open source software.
- any more ideas? Add them here.
Participating spaces are:
Check hackerspaces.org see to more as they are added!